Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Cookie Dough Bon Bons

Every one I know loves to eat raw cookie dough. But For years we've been hearing not to because of the raw eggs in it well I found this recipe that does not call for eggs. So I decided to give it a try last night.

Cookie Dough Bon Bons

1/2 cup softened salted butter

3/4 cup light brown sugar

1 tsp vanilla

1 (14oz) can of sweetened condensed milk

2 1/4 c flour

1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Combine (in a bowl,) the butter, sugar, vanilla, and sweetened condensed milk and Wisk until well blended. (I used my kitchen aid) Add the flour and mix well then stir in the chocolate chips.

Then refrigerate or put in freezer until firm and cold.

Then roll in to the size of bouncy ball size. (Any bigger and it’s too much for one bite.)

Melt 2 packs (24 oz. total) of white chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon shortening.

To melt put in microwaveable bowl and put in for 30 sec. intervals, stirring well after each. Mine took about 1 ½ min total.


I use toothpick to then dip the ball. It you place these back on the chill metal pan covered in wax paper they will set up fast and be easier to remove. I also decide to drizzle chocolate to dress them up a bit.

It was my husband’s idea to use dark chocolate to help tone the sweetness down. Melt this the same way. I only used half a bag (with ½ tablespoon shortening and still had about half of that left over. I then put the chocolate in Ziplock bags and cut a small hole.

Store these in an air tight container in the fridge (if there are any left to store )



Thank You The Domestic Mama & The Village Cook for the great idea! You can go here to see her version of this recipe.

5 comments:

  1. They look divine! I will have to try that with my next batch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man Michelle! You're making me hungry today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These we're so good. I sent some to work with Jon and everyone loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I really am going to have to try those now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so yummy! right out of the fridge.

    ReplyDelete